2 June 2009

Tony Barilla to teach at the Rock School


Since last week, the Mitrovica Rock School has a new volunteer teacher on board! Mitrovica resident and musician Tony Barilla has closely followed the development of the Rock School since the partner organizations first came up with the idea years ago. Having heard that we were up and running in October last year, he got in touch and wrote this great article on the Rock School. During the Rock Academy training in Mitrovica from May 21 to 26, we were finally able to get everyone together and make a plan. Tony will helping out the Rock School's teachers with keyboard and bass instruction.

My name is Tony and I'm a musician and composer from Texas. I've lived in Mitrovica for a couple of years now, and I'm very happy to be helping out at the Rock School. Currently I spend most of my time writing music and songs for theater projects in the U.S., but I have played in bands for about 20 years. (You can read about the work I've done and download my music for free at this website.) I will be giving some instruction on bass and keyboards for any students that want it.

No comments: